JAYEMARCADE
Hey thanks for visiting!! Log in right here!! Remember we will be having random giveaways every 15th of the month to our active posters!!!!! Good Luck!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

JAYEMARCADE
Hey thanks for visiting!! Log in right here!! Remember we will be having random giveaways every 15th of the month to our active posters!!!!! Good Luck!!
JAYEMARCADE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New X Box One
#1 most overrated coach in any sport I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:59 pm by JAYEMARCADE

» R.I.P. XBOX First Gen
#1 most overrated coach in any sport I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:28 pm by JAYEMARCADE

» Long time ..
#1 most overrated coach in any sport I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:49 pm by flight

» Were do you work?
#1 most overrated coach in any sport I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:12 pm by xxScorpion64xx

» Black Ops 2
#1 most overrated coach in any sport I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 pm by xxScorpion64xx

» Hauppauge HD PVR
#1 most overrated coach in any sport I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:01 pm by flight

» Where da funk is evryonee
#1 most overrated coach in any sport I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:37 pm by Xx_Grimmzh_xX

» Hobbies? anyone have any other than gaming?
#1 most overrated coach in any sport I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 6:57 pm by rgvbrutal

» Selling Samsung Galaxy III
#1 most overrated coach in any sport I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:58 pm by jayem.arcade

#1 most overrated coach in any sport

3 posters

Go down

#1 most overrated coach in any sport Empty #1 most overrated coach in any sport

Post by xxScorpion64xx Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Only one answer is needed:

Mine is Jason Garrett, supposedly he is Princeton educated but I've seen nothing but bad calls from him when game is on the line....
xxScorpion64xx
xxScorpion64xx
Super Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

#1 most overrated coach in any sport Empty Re: #1 most overrated coach in any sport

Post by flight Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Definitely not him in my opinion. You have to consider the players and talent surrounded in the team they are coaching as well.

Then you have to be able to execute the gameplan versus a great opponent equally as talented as your team or maybe even more talented than your team.

I will say that Dez Bryant should have been benched, but since he was demanding a double team the whole game almost he was left in the game and the "Romo decision" happened where he threw into double coverage.

I do not think he is an overrated coach simply because you have to prove that you are a good coach and then keep it going...

Garrett hasn't proved anything yet so therefore he is not overrated in my book.........
flight
flight
Obsessed Gamer

http://www.twitter.com/flizzight

Back to top Go down

#1 most overrated coach in any sport Empty Re: #1 most overrated coach in any sport

Post by xxScorpion64xx Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Well all you hear from media is he is an Intellectual, as i recall he was the one calling the plays last year before halftime againnst the redskins, why was he trying to pass on 3rd and and forever with 39 ticks left before half? What happened thereafter was the disaster that led to a 1 and 7 start...so who is your choice ?
xxScorpion64xx
xxScorpion64xx
Super Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by flight Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Most overrated would have to be Phil Jackson...

He had the most talent everyone had ever seen.

I am aware people are going to say that the Heat were just as talented and Spolstra couldn't do it, but there clearly was more talent on the teams Phil Jackson ever coached.

Lakers team: Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher, Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Artest, Rush. Fox, Harper,

Bulls team: Jordan, Pippen, Horace Grant, Rodman, Longley, Kukoc, Kerr, Paxson

He had so much talent all-around. He had shooters, defensive players, rebounders, a scorer, a Center....

Everything!

Now that is calling a coach overrated in my opinion because he had all the talent.

What happened last season when they got bounced out by the Mavericks? The defending champs (Lakers) got killed in that series and all everyone could talk about was the Heat and how they lost with 3 superstars to the Mavs.

and why? Because the media, analysts, commentators and fans that love to hate just wanted to talk about how 3 superstars with lack of talent around them couldn't win a ring in their 1st year together.

Phil Jackson has always had talent to coach and he has had success only because of that talent and nothing else.

Another coach I would say is overrated is Greg Popovich.

He has had so much talent as well.

Spurs team: Ginobili, Parker, Duncan, Robinson, Ellie, Horry, Barry, Bowen, Stephen Jackson, Elliott, Avery Johnson etc...

What happened last season? Spurs got bounced by the Grizzlies.

It's funny how the media portrays these 2 coaches (Popovich and Jackson) as the best in the NBA when they have great seasons and when they win championships.

But as soon as they lose or don't have a stellar season they blame the players, injuries, talent etc...

Never do they say it was bad coaching that lose that game or that series. They hold them to such a high standard that when they don't do their job they look to blame the players and everyone else but the coach.

Just my 2 cents....

flight
flight
Obsessed Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by xxScorpion64xx Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Wow, i was going to say Phil Jackson but thought flight probably likes him and he'll go nuts, lol. I aways thought he had ready made teams with superstars. You have to wonder, how much success would he have outside chicago or L.A.? Probably not as much. Now as far as Pop is concerned, I'm gonna have to pull your card on that one. We only have one superstar in Duncan, the rest are compliments. Its not like parker ginobili are 1st team all stars, to further illustrate my point look at their place in draft selection. both were by passed thirty times over. They were steals but only because the spurs scouting do their homework. so its not fair to say the spurs were stockpiled with talent therefore pop is not part of success, he is very big part of success because of his dedication to defense and playing and living the right way.
xxScorpion64xx
xxScorpion64xx
Super Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by flight Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:07 pm

Ok I would have agreed with you about the Spurs doing their homework, but it is Tony Parker and Ginobili are very talented individual players of all-star caliber.

It doesn't matter if they were selected late in the draft. That just means no other team wanted to take them early.

Tony Parker is the best French player in the NBA and Ginobili is the best Argentinian player in the NBA.

Just like Pau Gasol is the best player from Spain and playing for the Lakers.

These foreign players are talented and have made their mark over in America. It is not fair to say that they got a steal because they were not drafted in the Lottery by the top 10 teams that had picks....

Ginobili was always the go to guy in San Antonio and that team was built to succeed..

My formula for success in the NBA is as follows:

an elite PG: Tony Parker
a scorer: Ginobili
a defender: Bowen
post guy: Duncan

Then you have to compliment that talent with shooters
shooters: Bonner, Horry, Barry

etc

All the teams that have ever won a championship have had all of that plus the bench players to help out....

Greg is overrated because he could not create a gameplan to disrupt Zach Randolph's rampage throughout that series. Randolph single handedly beat the Spurs

Then when he (Randolph) played the Thunder he did not have enough help going up against Harden, Westbrook and Durant...

I agree that Phil Jackson would just be another coach if he would have taken another coaching job. He would not have had nearly as much success as he did in Chicago or L.A.

Same applies to Popovich.

Talent + chemistry + complimentary players is always the key to winning a championship. It has never been about coaching. You can argue all you want, but at the end of the day the players are the ones playing the game and not the owners or the coaches.

They are not shooting the ball or making decisions on the fly during the game to create that kind of impact you are talking about.

Picking and surrounding a team with talent and chemistry just means you are good at scouting and drafting.

It doesn't mean you should be held on a pedestal because you screamed at players during practice or because you called a timeout. None of that matters when the game is on the line because the players are on the court %100 of the game and their decisions impact the win/loss columns...
flight
flight
Obsessed Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by xxScorpion64xx Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:03 pm

You make alot.good points and I agree with most of.them except for.zach.randoph, it was not a case of pop not adjusting to corral him, historically the spurs have always had troible.with guys like randoph, case in point bonzi wells always was a.thorn in our side , we. Had no one wiyh the build to guard him, plus one of the reasons, might say the only reason we got bounced was many had a ftactured arm, if he is healthy. Might have neen a different story come on all the games came down to the last second, so.I don't think its fair to pin the loss on pop, we just can't get too far without manu, I love his passion for the game
xxScorpion64xx
xxScorpion64xx
Super Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by torvick12 Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:23 am

Injuries are always the cause of a game. If any good plays is injured on any other side they complain and use that as an excuse, but if both teams have the superstars injured its a whole diffrent story. Like literally every sport has their team every year, one year the lakers are fav, another the spurs, another heat, and so on. To me i never say there is best team on a sport cause just like any car model it changes every other month or year.
torvick12
torvick12
Obsessed Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum