JAYEMARCADE
Hey thanks for visiting!! Log in right here!! Remember we will be having random giveaways every 15th of the month to our active posters!!!!! Good Luck!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

JAYEMARCADE
Hey thanks for visiting!! Log in right here!! Remember we will be having random giveaways every 15th of the month to our active posters!!!!! Good Luck!!
JAYEMARCADE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New X Box One
NINTENDO 3DS !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:59 pm by JAYEMARCADE

» R.I.P. XBOX First Gen
NINTENDO 3DS !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:28 pm by JAYEMARCADE

» Long time ..
NINTENDO 3DS !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:49 pm by flight

» Were do you work?
NINTENDO 3DS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:12 pm by xxScorpion64xx

» Black Ops 2
NINTENDO 3DS !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 pm by xxScorpion64xx

» Hauppauge HD PVR
NINTENDO 3DS !!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:01 pm by flight

» Where da funk is evryonee
NINTENDO 3DS !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:37 pm by Xx_Grimmzh_xX

» Hobbies? anyone have any other than gaming?
NINTENDO 3DS !!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 6:57 pm by rgvbrutal

» Selling Samsung Galaxy III
NINTENDO 3DS !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:58 pm by jayem.arcade

NINTENDO 3DS !!!

+2
Xx_Grimmzh_xX
JAYEMARCADE
6 posters

Go down

NINTENDO 3DS !!! Empty NINTENDO 3DS !!!

Post by JAYEMARCADE Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:00 pm

The Nintendo 3DS is the next generation for Nintendo’s handhelds. The DS redefined how portable gaming should be played and the 3DS will continue to revolutionize how we game on the go. Packed with so many different features, the Nintendo 3DS looks to be the quintessential entertainment device.

While we know a lot of information so far, we don’t know everything yet. Check back often to see updates as this section will be updated as often as new information comes out! You are also welcome to post up any new information you have of this new breakthrough device.

ABOUT
The Nintendo 3DS is the next generation handheld gaming platform, the successor to the current Nintendo DS. “3DS” was a tentative name mentioned in rumors prior to the reveal but it became official when it was announced as such during E3 2010.

NINTENDO 3DS OVERVIEW

The Nintendo 3DS improves upon the DS design in every way imaginable. It has a similar clamshell design as its predecessor as well as a lot more horsepower under its hood. As the name suggests, the 3DS’ main draw or “gimmick” is the ability to display stereoscopic 3D visuals, providing an experience similar to watching 3D movies in the theater, all without the need for any glasses. This 3D effect can be turned on or off, or adjusted depending on the user with a slider located on the right of the system.

SO WHAT’S NEW?

New features include an analog controller named the “slide pad”, two camera lenses located outside of the device for 3D images, motion sensing accelerometer and gyroscope, an infrared port, a slider on the right of the top screen to control the depth of the 3D effect, a home button similar to the one on the Wii as well as a “telescoping” stylus which will come standard with the system and reach 4 inches when fully extended.

The 3DS will seemingly be region locked.

WHAT DIDN’T CHANGE?

Similar to the DSi, the Nintendo 3DS has the touch screen on the bottom, internal camera as well as the microphone. The bottom screen also sees a small upgrade—a bump in resolution which has been increased to 320×240 from 256×192. Rumble is nonexistent just like the DSi and unlikely to be included.

NINTENDO 3DS PRICE & RELEASE DATE

Neither the price nor the release date has been officially announced by Nintendo.

Nintendo has stated that it will be available in Japan by the end of the company’s fiscal year, which is on March 2011. There is a possibility it might come out earlier in both Japan and North America.

You can expect the Nintendo 3DS to be priced similarly to the current handhelds although no official statement has been made. The prices for the Nintendo DS range from the lowest DS Lite at $129.99 to the DSi XL at $189.99, with the DSi sitting in the middle at $169.99. Knowing Nintendo, they will want to remain competitive and you can expect the 3DS to be priced around $200 USD or lower with a possible price drop on the current generation Nintendo DS. Many analysts also believe it can sell for as high as $250.

Price for Nintendo 3DS software may also hover around the same range as current DS titles according to leaks from Amazon.

NINTENDO 3DS DESIGN

The Nintendo 3DS looks like a beefier DSi, utilizing the same clam-shell design. The D-pad has been shifted lower to make room for the slide pad which rests on top. The 3DS is both wider and thicker than the DSi. The Nintendo 3DS screen sizes differ, with a widescreen display on top and the bottom keeping the 4:3 format.

The Nintendo 3DS has been shown in the following colors: black, blue, red, orange and purple.

HOW DOES THE 3D EFFECT WORK?

The 3D effect in the Nintendo 3DS is achieved by a technology which sends two individual images to each eye of the user. As the screen displays each image slightly offset, the brain interprets depth in the same way it does with natural depth perception. The effect is best viewed when the system is held straight in front of them. For a detailed illustration, please check the link below.

NINTENDO 3DS HARDWARE

The Nintendo 3DS is a lot more powerful than any of its predecessors in both processing and visual capabilities. To achieve the 3D effect, the system has to render each game field twice for each eyes which is known to be a drain on resources. It’s been noted that the visual performance of the 3DS can be better if the 3D is taken out of it.

Digital Media Professional (DMP) will be providing Nintendo the graphics processor for the 3DS. The system is utilizing the PICA200 graphics core.

Rumors say that the Nintendo 3DS’ processing abilities exceed the Nintendo Wii. With 3D shaders, it may be possible to create games that look closer to PS3 and XBOX 360 games on lower resolution screens.

NINTENDO 3DS SCREENS

The Nintendo 3DS features a 3.5 inch widescreen display on top capable of displaying resolutions of 400×240. The system however renders at 800 x 240 but the resolution in half to show the 3D effect. The sizes of the screens are not the same as the top screen is much bigger than the bottom one.

As mentioned earlier, users can choose to turn off the 3D effect, or change the depth and intensity the 3D effect with a slider located on the right side of the system. With the effect completely turned off, the experience would be the same as the DSi, albeit with a much more powerful system.

We currently don’t know who is supplying Nintendo with the 3D displays for the 3DS.

NINTENDO 3DS FEATURES & ABILITIES

Aside from gaming, the Nintendo 3DS improves the DS experience in every way imaginable. Nintendo hasn’t shown everything just yet but you can expect more reveals.

During E3 2010, Nintendo announced that ability to watch movies on the 3DS in, you guessed it, stereoscopic 3D. Nintendo demonstrated this feature during E3 2010 by using 3D trailers for Disney’s Tangled and How To Train Your Dragon. According to the press, the 3D effect was exactly the same as if watching them on the theaters.

The Nintendo 3DS adds a feature called “Tag Mode”—a next-gen version of the famed “Bark Mode” from Nintendogs—that enables data exchange between systems when the device is closed. Tag Mode isn’t software exclusive as it’s built into every 3DS system. Recently, Nintendo has filed some patents for “CrossPass Mode” which is believed to be the official name for “Tag Mode”.

Rumor has it that the Nintendo 3DS will take still photos and record video, both in full 3D. In a comment made by Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata, the system may also support video chatting as well.

The Nintendo 3DS may have a 3D Virtual Console-like feature according to a comment from Nintendo of America’s president Reggie Fils-Aime. With the inclusion of a “Home” button, the 3DS may see a brand new UI similar to the channel system of the Nintendo Wii.

According to an article by Japanese publication Nikkei, the Nintendo 3DS may also be used to display magazines and newspapers, akin to e-readers such as Kindle. The Nintendo 3DS does not support rumble as far as we know, however it seems unlikely to be included.

During an interview, Shigeru Miyamoto expressed his interests at having the Miis make their transition over to the Nintendo 3DS.

NINTENDO 3DS THIRD PARTY SUPPORT

Many have pledged support for the system. Companies include Capcom, Atlus, Electronic Arts, Konami and Square Enix. Check the full list of launch games here.

Many developers are excited to develop for the Nintendo 3DS as they have expressed their wonder and enjoyment with the device.

IS THE NINTENDO 3DS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE?

The Nintendo 3DS will be backward compatible with the DSi. It isn’t currently known if older DS games will support the 3D feature of the 3DS but it seems unlikely.

NINTENDO 3DS & ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY

Nintendo has pledged to improve both the online and downloading experience with a possible revamp of their entire online infrastructure.

Nintendo is looking into modes where the system automatically connects and downloads data, messages, games and more without the user logging in. An useful application for this would be the weather or news delivered to the user when they wake up in the morning. Nintendo has also announced their pursuit of “better digital distribution”, which can mean anything from games, data, movies and trailers, and more.

According to developers, the Nintendo 3DS will have “achievements”, a friends list as well as possible voice chat. Rumors also suggest that Nintendo will get rid of their cumbersome friend codes system by utilizing a single code per system.

Rumors suggest that the Nintendo 3DS may have cell-phone like options such as 3G. This would make sense with Nintendo’s effort at enriching their online experience as well as their efforts into Tag Mode. We currently don’t know anything related to the Wi-Fi capabilities of the 3DS but you can expect them to be similar if not upgraded from the current uses on the DSi.

Well for now we can only await the release of this awesome gaming machine.... here at JAYEMARCADE.COM we will continue to update and will carry it on our store!!!

Thanks!!
JM

JAYEMARCADE
JAYEMARCADE
Super Site Moderator

https://jayemarcade.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NINTENDO 3DS !!! Empty Re: NINTENDO 3DS !!!

Post by Xx_Grimmzh_xX Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:37 am

JAYEMARCADE wrote:Rumors say that the Nintendo 3DS’ processing abilities exceed the Nintendo Wii. With 3D shaders, it may be possible to create games that look closer to PS3 and XBOX 360 games on lower resolution screens.

it would be a shame if the 3DS graphics look better than the Wiis but in the other hand it would be badass if they'll look like a PS3 or Xbox game cyclops
Xx_Grimmzh_xX
Xx_Grimmzh_xX
Gamer Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigboss Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:29 pm

i agree with you
Bigboss
Bigboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dsevosvt Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 am

I cant wait to see what this brings to the table. Looks to be a promising handheld worth lots of fun/
dsevosvt
dsevosvt
Gamer Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by torvick12 Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:09 pm

I finally got a hold of a 3D DSI n ughh, was getting headaches after 20 mins of playing lol, guess just not use 2 it but other that tht looks legit Smile
torvick12
torvick12
Obsessed Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xx_Grimmzh_xX Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:47 pm

lOL what game were you playing ..i heard you could adjust the 3d lvl is that true?
Xx_Grimmzh_xX
Xx_Grimmzh_xX
Gamer Freak

Back to top Go down

Post by torvick12 Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:08 pm

hmm idk i returned sold it, since i had won it in a raffle n came with street fighter game. I didn't really mess with it just after an hour my headache was hurting n stuff lol. But after 20mins my eyes were killing me ha.
torvick12
torvick12
Obsessed Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAYEMARCADE Thu May 19, 2011 11:25 pm

I was thinking about getting a 3ds for my sons, but after some reviews, Ill just stick to their olders dsi's.
JAYEMARCADE
JAYEMARCADE
Super Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by xxScorpion64xx Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:23 pm

This friend of my son had one and he showed it to me...my eyes hurt looking at it...as a matter of fact, I was looking at the 3D tvs at CompUSA, wasn't feeling them too much either
xxScorpion64xx
xxScorpion64xx
Super Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by torvick12 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 am

Lol well the 3D tv are alright but just for some reason idk i just couldnt use the 3d dsi was jst ughh headache lol. Im just surprise there hasnt been any news out there yet of a kid going blind of playing to much 3d dsi lol
torvick12
torvick12
Obsessed Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAYEMARCADE Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:12 am

It does actually hurt your eyes..... so buyers beware..
JAYEMARCADE
JAYEMARCADE
Super Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down