JAYEMARCADE
Hey thanks for visiting!! Log in right here!! Remember we will be having random giveaways every 15th of the month to our active posters!!!!! Good Luck!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

JAYEMARCADE
Hey thanks for visiting!! Log in right here!! Remember we will be having random giveaways every 15th of the month to our active posters!!!!! Good Luck!!
JAYEMARCADE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New X Box One
NBA Lockout I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2014 12:59 pm by JAYEMARCADE

» R.I.P. XBOX First Gen
NBA Lockout I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:28 pm by JAYEMARCADE

» Long time ..
NBA Lockout I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:49 pm by flight

» Were do you work?
NBA Lockout I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:12 pm by xxScorpion64xx

» Black Ops 2
NBA Lockout I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:43 pm by xxScorpion64xx

» Hauppauge HD PVR
NBA Lockout I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 10:01 pm by flight

» Where da funk is evryonee
NBA Lockout I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:37 pm by Xx_Grimmzh_xX

» Hobbies? anyone have any other than gaming?
NBA Lockout I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 6:57 pm by rgvbrutal

» Selling Samsung Galaxy III
NBA Lockout I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:58 pm by jayem.arcade

NBA Lockout

3 posters

Go down

NBA Lockout Empty NBA Lockout

Post by flight Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:39 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2011-11-14/NBA-players-wont-accept-deal-season-could-be-over/51198288/1

I personally don't like David Stern.

For him to be trying to change salaries, contracts and guaranteed money owed to players is pathetic. He clearly wants smaller market teams to have a chance to land a superstar and is opposed to teams having 3 or 4 superstars on one team.

I am with the players on this one. Some players like Chauncey Billups have forfeited 14 million guaranteed money of this upcoming season just so they can stay with more benefits. This 50-47 deal is disgusting.

Players are bringing in millions/billions of revenue for the arenas/owners and now the commissioner all of a sudden wants to break up all the teams because he doesn't want to have the whole USA olympic team with the Heat. The commissioner runs the league and he has no right to decide what players should do, the money they should receive etc. He (Stern) himself is getting paid 23 million a year.

What do you all think?
flight
flight
Obsessed Gamer

http://www.twitter.com/flizzight

Back to top Go down

NBA Lockout Empty Re: NBA Lockout

Post by torvick12 Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:12 pm

I just want NBA to start alreaady. I mean i understand money is money, but what happen to players that are always saying "I dont play for the money or fame i play CAUSE I LOVE THE GAME" n now that money is being an issue is like WTF lol. But of course i understand MILLIONS of dollars lossing for a stupid decision but hopefully NBA is back up soon Razz
torvick12
torvick12
Obsessed Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by xxScorpion64xx Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:36 pm

Players union is disolving, does not look good,looks like the season is dead, I think there should be some type of compromise on behalf of the players, it's in their hands but they are not being very flexible, if the season is over, it will also affect regular folks that work for teams and other NBA related jobs
xxScorpion64xx
xxScorpion64xx
Super Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by flight Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:06 pm

It's an ongoing problem in the NBA. It's actually a problem in all sports.

The only thing I agree with Stern and the owners is the Rookie payscale. Every rookie that is selected in the Lottery or the top 10 picks I believe should have a guaranteed salary of 7-10 million dollars. They will impact a team tremendously and that's why they are being drafted so high.

Now for the other rookies that are signed in the 2nd or 3rd rounds they should have a salary for each round.

With all that being said they should institute an incentive package: games started, points scored, assists recorded, rebounds, blocks etc... You should get extra incentives if you outperform your contract...

The players are mad because the owners and commissioner are trying to limit the cap, thus ending a lot of dream teams. Tyson Chandler can't even re-sign with the Mavs with the proposed deal. They are leaning towards the smaller market teams. They want to assist them and want every team to have an equal chance of winning. I ask myself Why?

Every sport has a couple of teams that always make the playoffs and have most of the talented players on their team. Why institute this deal in order to make smaller markets better?

The owners job is to manage their arena and to re-sign their players.

The commissioner is in charge of overseeing everything going around the league. He must maintain a good image on the NBA. Fine players that are not adhering to rules. But lean towards smaller market teams? Break up dream teams? Throughout the years teams have been stacked and even while Stern was in office.

The Lakers were filled with superstars, the Spurs were also, the Kings, the Heat, the Magic etc....

I understand that a deal is imposed and it follows until the end, but they waited until 2011 to ratify a new deal? A new deal that is taking away a lot of money from the players.

Lets not forget that without the players (superstars) there would be no NBA! Ok let me rephrase that. Without the superstar players the owners would not be making billions.

It's a good thing some of the outstanding college players from last year stayed in school because the ones that came out and got drafted are not getting paid. lol

flight
flight
Obsessed Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by xxScorpion64xx Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Regardless of the current situation, let's not kid ourselves, there guys still get paid millions of dollars but what you failed to touch on was the people affected by the lockout, regulate working people, they don't have millions to fall back on
xxScorpion64xx
xxScorpion64xx
Super Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by flight Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:29 pm

xxScorpion64xx wrote:Regardless of the current situation, let's not kid ourselves, there guys still get paid millions of dollars but what you failed to touch on was the people affected by the lockout, regulate working people, they don't have millions to fall back on

Yea that's true. Businesses around the arenas will lose revenue, but most importantly the people working at the arenas will be unemployed. The commentators and analysts will get picked up by college basketball or other jobs etc. It's not too hard for them to find a job.

But you are right I failed to mention that. I didn't touch on that because I hate David Stern as a person and as a commissioner.

He makes so much money and he doesn't do anything. I don't care if you went to school 25 years straight and come back and tell me well I went to school and I am qualified to do my job. I don't care. People that actually do something to help out others don't make 23 million dollars a year.

He is just a greedy human being. You never see him donating money to charity or setting up foundations for those people that need help. It's all about running the league and making as much money as possible so he and his family can enjoy the best life possible...

It's funny though because if there is no NBA all the players can go overseas. Years ago some analysts did not dare say NBA players would end up overseas. I even entertained the idea that Lebron James was going overseas for a big payday after his time was up in Cleveland.

Years later and living in the present all these NBA players have a choice to make. Don't play basketball and rest up for a possible solution to this collective bargaining agreement or go overseas and play the game they love.

Basketball never stops!
flight
flight
Obsessed Gamer

Back to top Go down

Post by xxScorpion64xx Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:17 pm

Basketball is a big.business and these superstars they are the ones filling the arenas, so yes they are dur their money but both the owners and players need to realize that us fanswe are the ones that fuel the NBA, both need to an agreement and play basketball, if we fans start to lose interest because as it is, revenues in attendance, merchandise, that is slowly declining, then they are going to be in deeper trouble, and then with the way the economy is right now? I wouldn't push my luck Mr. Stern!!!!!
xxScorpion64xx
xxScorpion64xx
Super Site Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum